The California Smokers’ Helpline is pleased to offer a Provider Toolkit, Making MIQS Matter: Learn How Incentives Can Motivate Smokers to Quit. The toolkit includes a webinar recording and slide deck.
- Understand the growing proportion of smokers in California's Medicaid (Medi-Cal)
- Describe the effectiveness and impact on program adherence of incentives in the Medi-Cal Incentives to Quit Smoking (MIQS) project
- Identify statewide outreach strategies and Helpline caller response
- Describe how the CA Quits project and the Helpline can facilitate future incentive implementation
- Shu-Hong Zhu, Ph.D, Professor of Family Medicine and Public Health Director of the Center for Research and Intervention in Tobacco Control (CRITC), UCSD
- Elisa Tong, MD, MA, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, UC Davis
Project Director, CA Quits
Just complete the form to access the materials!
- For more information on the Medi-Cal Incentives to Quit Smoking (MIQS) project, please refer to the Advancing Smoking Cessation in California's Medicaid Population supplement in the the American Journal of Preventive Medicine: