If you missed our webinar on September 2nd presented by Scott E. Sherman, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Population Health, Medicine and Psychiatry at New York University School of Medicine and Co-Chief of the Section of Tobacco, Alcohol and Drug Use, you can download our free kit now, which includes:
- Webinar Recording & Slide Deck: What Works? Evidence-Based Tobacco Treatments
- e-Pocket Guide: a handy pocket-size reference with three easy steps for helping your patients quit smoking. Just print out the guide on any office printer and fold!
- Fact Sheet-Tools for Helping Patients Quit Smoking: a summary of free Helpline services and resources for smokers and for health professionals, with a list of frequently asked questions and answers on the back.
Dr. Sherman provides the latest information on the common elements of effective interventions, including:
- Epidemiology and Burden of Tobacco Use
- Evidence - Based Treatment:
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: updates on combination, pre-cessation, and long-term use
- Behavioral Interventions
- Brief discussion of pharmacotherapy
- Q & A