The California Smokers’ Helpline is pleased to announce the launch of its new website at www.nobutts.org, designed to give visitors immediate access to the information they need about smoking cessation. Whether you are a tobacco user, friend or family member, health care provider, behavioral health professional or community health educator, our goal is to provide the tools to help you, or the person you are helping, to quit successfully.
The site features new sections just for:
- Tobacco users, friends and family members, health care providers, behavioral health professionals, and community-based organizations
- Visitors who want information in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, or Vietnamese
- Health care providers with pages addressing the importance of quit attempts, how to talk to your patients about quitting smoking, treating special populations, pharmacotherapy, and other tobacco products
- Behavioral health professionals with pages covering topics such as why clients with behavioral health conditions use tobacco, myths about tobacco use and behavioral health, and the role of behavioral health professionals in treating tobacco use
New and Improved Features
- Easier to find online registration for Helpline services, the web-based referral service, and the texting program
- New sections describing the evidence base for Helpline services, Helpline referral options, and free training for health professionals from the Center for Tobacco Cessation
- Special projects involving the Helpline including the Asian Smokers’ Helpline, CEASE California, Center for Tobacco Cessation, Medi-Cal Incentives to Quit (MIQS) Project, UC Quits, and Kids and Tobacco Smoke Don’t Quit
- New online catalog at www.nobutts-catalog.org, offering a variety of free fact sheets, flyers, posters, online training and other materials and resources for quitting smoking targeted to a variety of user groups. Many resources have been updated, are available in multiple languages and most may be viewed or downloaded directly from the site.
Stay Up to Date
We plan to offer a variety of new webinars, materials and blog articles for health professionals in the coming months, so sign up for email or blog updates (at right) to stay informed.
We Want Your Feedback!
We hope you are as excited as we are about our new website and invite you to take a brief 5-question survey about it. We will continue to add new features and content to the site in the coming months and so welcome your feedback.